Me- I can't, I can't do relationships.
Her- Why?
Me- They don't last, it's always complicated, and it just drives people insane.
Her- That's the point.
Me- I can't believe the point of being with someone is to inevitably break up.
Her- No, I mean the point is to feel something.
Me- Explain
Her- If you went everyday with someone and just had happiness or joy or love, then it's not real. It's fantasy. The honeymoon ends and the real work begins.
Me- See, there's that word
Her- What?
Me- Work; why is it work? Shouldn't it be the perfect or like living with your best friend?
Her- You've never been in a argument with your best friend?
Me- You got me there.
Her- The thoughts you have are normal, the real work is actually living through the tough times and still being able to look at the person by your side and knowing that you would never want to be in trouble, or encounter problems with anyone else. You still see her as a blessing instead of a burden or a choke chain.
Me- So how will I know? I can't deal with losing that person or just hitting a wall and go back to being lonely again. I can't; it will break me.
Her- You have to love her, you cannot allow your own fears drive you away from her. She is with you because she believes; all that's left is for you to believe. You can let go of what scares you, embrace every bad and good and appreciate someone who appreciates you.
Me- Thank you.
Her- It's what I'm here for.
If only this was real.
No comments:
Post a Comment